Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mother Goose

The fair maid who, the first of May,
Goes to the fields at break of day,
And washes in dew from the hawthorn-tree,
Will ever after handsome be.


Once upon a time, many, many months ago I found some FANTASTIC upholstery fabric. I had visions of how fabulous it would be. The only problem was I didn't know what I wanted to embellish it with. I had enough for two bags. DD knew exactly what she wanted, so I made her bag embellishments and all. And it turned out great! Much time passed and I finally decided to make up my own version. In the meantime I had designed a new style, The Bette, and that is where I got stuck. What should I put on it? What colors should I use? I stewed and fretted. After pain, blood, tears and too many crocheted flowers I had a rough idea about what it might look like.



When it was all said and done, my first thought was that I had created a Mother Goose Bag. It looks just like the nursery rhymes I used to know from my childhood. I still love the fabric, but I'm not sure I love the bag. I'll use it everyday for a while. The lining was another struggle, but I'm pleased with what I chose. The best part of this bag is the pocket material. I found a quarter flat that I fell in live with. The photo doesn't do it justice.



I've already started planning my next personal project. I've just got to let my stitching fingers heal little first.

No comments:

Post a Comment