Wednesday, March 27, 2013

BAKED not Boiled

Last year I read somewhere (a blog? twitter? pinterest?) about baked eggs being the BEST way ever to cook eggs. No cracking. And they REALLY do appear to taste creamier.

Ready for the directions? Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. That's it. You can place them right on the oven rack. The first time I tried it I put a layer of foil down (as seen in the pic) because I didn't know if the eggs would fall through. They won't. I have also since seen that some people bake their eggs in muffin tins to keep the eggs from rolling around.

When you take the eggs out of the oven they might have brown spots on the shell---this washes off with cold water.

NOW you're ready to color them! Hopefully in your house you have help and don't have to be solely responsible for all the Easter egg fun. Like me. EVERY year.

Happy baking!

p.s. I might have shared this last year? I don't remember. Sorry if it's a repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment