Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The REAL Thing


June 6, 2011
Surgery prep 7:00 am
Surgery 10:00 am


Waiting. 
Cousin Jaymie said, "Your mom's face says it all."


After a 10.5 hour surgery, 2 days in ICU.


A private room with a view of Point Loma.


First walk down the hall.
"Baby steps," Dad says,
"I'm doin' the work."


After 9 days of no solid food, all Dad wanted was a Coke.
And a chocolate chip cookie doesn't hurt.


Roast beef and mashed potatoes as a farewell lunch. 
And chocolate pudding.
We're checking out.
June 14, 2011.







3 comments:

  1. So glad things went well. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you in August. Give your dad our love and let him know he's in our prayers. Brady says "bless Uncle Mark to feel better and that we say lots of prayers for him to feel better." Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a serious scar!

    I am glad he is able to be home now. Hope he is doing well. (and I hope you and your mom are as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the updates via facebook. That is one crazy scar!! I hope that he is on the up and up after such serious surgery. Lots of love to you and your fam.
    P.S. loved the list of books! I know this may sound really funny, but when my friend was in the hospital I read a whole bunch of books that I ended up hating. Maybe it's just that hospitals ruin all books?

    ReplyDelete