Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reconstruction Zone


How many handbags does one girl need? In my opinion, you can never have enough. As I look back through some of my older creations I realize I have really great fabrics, but maybe not the best embellishments. I have taught myself new techniques and developed new methods over the years. So . . .  the answer is . . . REFURBISHMENT. Keep the original body, and add new appliques. I love this argyle fabric, and I've never been able to find more. I got out my wool and felted some wonderful purple flowers. The result makes me very happy. And I was able to get a Sylvia-Louise label inside (since it was made before we had them).  My next refurbishing project was my key bag. Its a bit over the top, but the color combinations and the rosettes are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment