Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SURPRISE Party ::: The Food Prep

Food for the party was a bit of a logistical nightmare. We live in Los Angeles, the party was in San Diego. Grandma helped us out by doing a gorgeous fruit platter with her yummy fruit dip and a scrumptious veggie tray.


I started Friday with preheating the oven at 7:30 am. Cut and baked 3 dozen of my famous sugar cookies.


Next came 5 dozen regular and mini cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes. White Wedding Cake Cupcakes.


Then my day got too hot and too busy for any more photos. 

*Cream cheese frosting for the cookies.



*Buttercream frosting for the cupcakes. Tried a new recipe. FANTASTIC!

*A trip back to the grocery store because I miscalculated my sour cream usage.

*Spinach dip.

*Chopping veggies and grating carrots to put in the cream cheese spread for the mini bagels.

I worked until 7:30 pm when we loaded the car and left for San Diego.





No comments:

Post a Comment