Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Longest Day of the Year


Last week we ventured out to The Griffith Observatory to watch the sunset on the longest day of the year. It is one of my most favorite places in Los Angeles. I love this building. A few years ago we painted on location here. Flashback blog post here. On a clear day the view of the city is fantastic. You also have a great view of the Hollywood sign.


Inside is a free museum. All about space, stars, orbits, gravity, seasons. They have a Tesla Coil. And of coarse, the giant telescope.


This is a monument to James Dean. The movie Rebel Without a Cause was filmed here. I love the actors, but don't really like the film. I was named for Natalie Wood, after all. 


Waiting for the sunset. While the day had been nice and warm, temps had dropped and it was a little chilly. I definitely could have used a sweater.






No comments:

Post a Comment