Friday, September 16, 2011

Craft Supplies and Hair Color ?


Here at the "Craft Palace" (we don't really live in a palace) we have so many supplies that we can make virtually anything, and in some cases we've tried. For new projects we usually only have to pick up 1 or 2 things, like a cup of coffee (reason for coffee to be revealed in a future post).


We have bins for almost everything. This is the thread bin that has been taken over by embroidery floss.


We have paint---water color, oil & acrylic, stamps, lace, trims, buttons, snaps, beads, patches, jump rings and chains for jewelry, fabric by the yard, scraps of fabric, felt, ribbon, yarn, paper, stickers . . . the list could go on and on. Suffice it to say we like to create. And we're pretty good at doing things.

One thing we're not good at is coloring our hair. That's not to say that we can't, we just hate to do it. One of us is a licensed cosmetologist. The other one of us is not, but I've been doing D.D.'s hair for a good number of years now. I should be over it by now, but HATE is not too strong a word to describe my feelings on the matter. I get anxious and absolutely dread it. But I do a fine job. Just ask my sister. I'm just afraid I'll mess her hair up. Foils, weaving and cotton can be intimidating. As much as I hate doing her hair, she hates getting it done more. So we procrastinate---something we're both very good at doing. It doesn't take us very long, so why do we drag our feet and moan about it? I'm very grateful that we don't have to pay a salon to color our hair. We do it at our convenience and we're always VERY happy after we've done it. 

D.D. with her foils.

So now we both have great hair and no weekend plans. I guess we'll have to go through our craft supplies and make something.


No comments:

Post a Comment