Wednesday, January 26, 2011

L O V E ?

You can call me irrational, insane, or just plain crazy. There are some holidays I absolutely love. There are some I tolerate. And there are some I just don't like. Take New Year's Eve. Never liked it. 1. I don't drink. So what is the point of celebrating it really. And 2. I don't have a special someone to share it with. However, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Valentine's Day. I always have. Maybe it's the paper doilies. Or the candy message hearts. (I only eat the white & pink ones). Every year I make my own Valentines to give. One year I had a party and forced everyone to make a Valentine to exchange---even the boys had to make one.

Well this year I've been on a quest to find the perfect crochet heart.

This is my first attempt. I wanted a puffy felted heart. So I double layered the hearts and joined them with a decorative border. Then I felted the wool in my washing machine. The result: LUMPY. Yuck.


Second attempt. This heart turned out really cute. I should have used a smaller hook. But I didn't like all the steps. Too much fastening off and rejoining yarn.


My final attempt. WINNER! WINNER! WINNER! This little heart it so cute! The only problem I had is that I ran out of stuffing. So I had to borrow some from another unfinished crochet project. But it's adorable, right? You can get your very own for FREE when you make a purchase at FlyAKite now through January 30th. We're celebrating our 1 year Etsyversary and want to give every customer a little something to show our appreciation.

Part of the reason I love Valentine's Day is that I am a hopeless romantic. It's true. I believe in soul mates. I just think my soul mate has gotten lost. I hope one day we find each other. My Mr. Wonderful is out there somewhere. In the meantime, I will continue to re-read my Jane Austins and dream.

Share love!

1 comment:

  1. My mom is in LOVE with the lumpy hearts! She says they look like sugar cookies. So I gave them to her & she has them out on display. As long as she's happy.

    ReplyDelete