Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Boutique




So for the last month all I've thought about, dreamed about and done anything about is the Holiday Boutique we participated in last weekend. We had high hopes since our last endeavor was less than stellar. I made new Bette Bags with rosettes and new Regina Messengers. I spent days sitting on the floor going through fabric scraps to make headbands and cuffs. My fingers blistered, then calloused, then bled.


We were in a prime location. The house and back yard were gorgeous! We brought everything we had and set up to do big business. It was a little chilly, but not raining. Thank goodness!


Mom and Steele drove up to help. Steele watched college football all day at our place.

D.D. had a baby shower to attend halfway through and we really thought we would be busy, so Mom's coming to help was great! Only the event was not very well attended. Not many vendors did very well. Mom ended up leaving when D.D. did. By the end of the day my toes were frozen and disappointment was high.


There was some entertainment to liven things up. This choral group was really good. You can see the fire ring in front of them---it was the most popular spot at the boutique.


The headbands and cuffs were our best sellers. So easy to wear! Thanks Dad for your help putting together this great display!

Packing up all the bags to bring back home was depressing. And I wasn't sure I would be able to fit all the displays and merchandise in my car. I have officially earned the title "Pack Master." A distinction that carries much weight in our family, and I will honor it. In the end it was a good experience and we made more money than we would have sitting home watching football.

1 comment:

  1. I promise to be a better blogger. D.D. threatened to take it over.

    ReplyDelete